Monday, July 12, 2010

"Slack by name...not by nature"

My Mom's maiden name is "Slack", and whenever anyone asked my Grandpa what his last name was he would always say, "Slack by name...not by nature". We had a "Slack Family reunion" last week in Nauvoo, and let me tell you... there was anything but "slacking" going on! We did a 3 mile trek, family choir, and we even raced Go Karts! It was a blast. It made me really think how important family is. After I was pregnant with Lucy I was thinking, "man, I don't know how many more times I can do this", however, after being at the reunion I was thinking, "man, my children need siblings so they can support each other and have someone to turn to". It was really cool to be around so much family!





2 comments:

Scott and Lori Smith said...

You all look fabulous in those shirts!

Hoggards said...

So bummed we missed out! Means we need to have another one soon!